MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-08-2001, 10:48 AM   #1
marton
Registered Member

Question Wipers

I have a problem with my 93 Mustang 5.0 GT convertible. At speeds over 50 mph, the wipers lift off the screen and do not clean properly. This makes driving very interesting here in Europe, for example, on German autobahns it is legal to drive well over 100mph.
I have fitted new wiper blades and arms, also I had a stone through the front screen so that is also new.
Any ideas?
marton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 01:08 PM   #2
jimberg
Registered Member

I have a cowl induction hood so the air blows right in the middle of the windshield. I'd have the same skipping problem.

I first tried some of those little fins that you attach to the wiper and they worked great but looked really dorky. Now I use some wiper blades that are designed to use the air flow to push them down. They work great, also, but look normal. I can't remember the brand. I just got them at a local farm supply store called Fleet-Farm. They're something-Aero. There is also a brand that has small, less dorky looking fins built right into the blade.

One of these should work for you, I think.

Of course you're making us drool at the thought of having our 'Stangs on the Autobahn.

I'll look around and see if I can find some links for you on the specific brands.

------------------
351W 89 Mustang GT Convertible
jimberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 03:39 PM   #3
marton
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by jimberg:
I have a cowl induction hood so the air blows right in the middle of the windshield. I'd have the same skipping problem.

I first tried some of those little fins that you attach to the wiper and they worked great but looked really dorky. Now I use some wiper blades that are designed to use the air flow to push them down. They work great, also, but look normal. I can't remember the brand. I just got them at a local farm supply store called Fleet-Farm. They're something-Aero. There is also a brand that has small, less dorky looking fins built right into the blade.

One of these should work for you, I think.

Of course you're making us drool at the thought of having our 'Stangs on the Autobahn.

I'll look around and see if I can find some links for you on the specific brands.

Great, I look forward to hearing more.

About the autobahn, last summer I saw 140 mph on the clock with the top down. I was showing just over 3,000 revs - but my nerve failed so I did not try to go any quicker.
It was also fun to set the cruise control to 120mph and just hang onto the steering wheel.

& summer is coming again........

marton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 05:10 PM   #4
jimberg
Registered Member

The blade I use now is the ANCO Aero Vantage. If you search on that, you can probably find them online somewhere.

------------------
351W 89 Mustang GT Convertible
jimberg is offline   Reply With Quote