View Single Post
Old 02-24-2004, 06:02 PM   #27
420nitro
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 429mustang
My idle's been a little weird the last few since I advanced my timing from around 10* up to 14*advanced, the motor's completely stock and I performed the right computer reset procedure. ????? I still have to check the TPS, if it was off would that contribute to an occasional surging/high idle?
Yes it can. Especially if it over 1 volt at idle.

As goes for soon to be turbo, I would have to agree. (maybe I was lucky) but didn't have any idle problems. I also knew some tricks that worked too.
I have had several different Motorsport cams, and liked the E-cam the best. I personnaly thought the B-cam was the biggest joke,..no offense to the people running that cam. (that was also before the F-cam and Z-cam came out.) After the E-cam I always bought custom ground cams from Bennet or Panhandle Performance, with awsome luck. (Again no idle or surging problems).
Dark 5.0
As goes for the E-cam being mild,.. I don't really think it is for what you got. It all depends what you are comparing it with too. I now have a cam well over 250@ .050 duration! I now think my cam is mild at the stage I am at.
But I know the rump you are talking about and it brings back great memories. I think the E-cam gives off the best sound for a street car with out the to racey sound!
I don't think Dark 5.0 will have any problems running what you want with the combo you have. So good luck.
my 2 cents
420nitro is offline   Reply With Quote