MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-06-2004, 09:14 PM   #1
wht04gt
Registered Member

Smile flowmaster

I have a 2004 gt and want to get 2 chamber flowmaster mufflers for it. Where is the best place to buy them. And are they 2.50"
Thanks.
wht04gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 11:15 PM   #2
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Check out www.mustangtuning.com! I think they are about $60 each. If you don't see the excat muffler you want, call them on the phone and they will get it for you. Use my name (Blake)...I know these guys.

Have you considered a cat back? I think a cat back is much cleaner of an install and you can do it yourself. When you factor in the labor the cost difference is not as much. But you probably considered this.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 01:54 AM   #3
04S/CStallion
Registered Member

Thats exactly the same kinda mufflers I was thinking about gettin for my 04, but a few of the guys on here have told me that they are one of the most restricitve mufflers on the market, so I have seriously started looking into Borla and MAC. Food for thought
04S/CStallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 11:00 PM   #4
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

I love Flowmasters, I love the sound. I have had them on 2 (Chevy) trucks and I put them on my 98 GT 5 Spd. We used the 2 Chamber Delta Flow Mufflers, Flowmaster calls them the 40 series. They sounded awesome, the perfect sound for the 4.6.

I put them on my 97 GT Vert, but it has an automatic and the resonance was too loud in the car, so I went back and had Borlas put on. Not very loud, more aggressive sounding than stock, but not loud inside. Performance wise they added more than the Flowmasters did, I was really surprised.

I had the Flowmasters put on at a local muffler shop that stocks Flowmasters. They were $160 installed. When I went back he ordered the Borlas and they cost me $80 additional. Most muffler shops wouldn't do this, but this guy runs a great shop, and he said he could resell the Flowmasters and get his money out of them.

Flowmaster makes a 50 series which is a 3 chamber Delta Flow and I would love to try them to get the Flowmaster sound, but my muffler guy doesnt think they will fit under a Mustang. Besides, the Borlas really perform.

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote