MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-12-2003, 09:36 PM   #21
FalconGTHO
Registered Member

Smoking and smokers suck.
Old 05-12-2003, 10:59 PM   #22
Sicy Stang
Sizzlin' Sicilian

Well you suck too.
Sicy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 01:45 PM   #23
VeNuM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy Stang
Move to California! We cant smoke anywhere inside!
I agree with this law. The way I see it, if someone doesn't want to breath second hand smoke, they shouldn't have to go outside. ~Brian

Coming not so soon: 408w

Ricer Hater's Club Member #59
VeNuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 02:16 PM   #24
Sicy Stang
Sizzlin' Sicilian

Honestly I dont have a problem with the law.. I totally understand that people who dont smoke dont want to smell it. And its actually nice to eat without smoke in restaurants. Even I dont like smoking around me when I'm eating. But banning it in bars is what bothers me. In my opinion drinking and smoking go together.
Old 05-13-2003, 02:28 PM   #25
VeNuM
Registered Member

Wow, I was half expecting someone to come out and bash my views on that but I hate to smell smoke while I'm eating. I can see where you are coming from when you say smoking in bars should be allowed, I have friends who smoke moderately, but when they go to bars, can easily put away a pack a sitting! I don't know though, I've haven't smoked more than 5 cigarettes in my life. I would still enjoy the clean air though. ~Brian

Coming not so soon: 408w

Ricer Hater's Club Member #59
VeNuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 03:07 PM   #26
Sicy Stang
Sizzlin' Sicilian

Quote:
Originally posted by VeNuM
Wow, I was half expecting someone to come out and bash my views on that but I hate to smell smoke while I'm eating. I
Oh no way, smoking or smelling smoke while you're eating is gross. I'm the first to admit it. What REALLY grosses me out are people that smoke WHILE they are eating. I just cant understand that.

And yes.. I smoke way more when I'm drinking.. thus having to go outside every 10 minutes. Kind of irritating but what can you do.

I have respect for people that dont smoke. Even when I'm in public, outside or whatever, I always try to hold my cigarette away from other people and not blow my smoke towards them.

So do I still suck?
Old 05-13-2003, 03:55 PM   #27
chuck88
Registered Member

Just recenbtly the Mayor of New York banned smoking in resturants. All the smokers were outraged and the resturnat owners went nuts stating that they will go broke. Well nowthe law has benn in effect for almost a month and they are saying buisness has picked up.

A little food for thought. (No pun intended.)

Chuck 88

Ex-smoker

Wife, 2 kids, busy job, "fixer upper" house, and I still have time for the Mustang!!!

I Love my kids!!!
chuck88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 05:15 PM   #28
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy Stang

So do I still suck?
No, you don't suck (well, except for all that bad stuff in those cigarettes). But seriously, I'm not trying to be your mother or priest, but why do you continue defyingly smoking when it's common knowledge that it is terrible for your body. Why do you need it? Are you gonna wait until something horrible comes up (with cigarettes, you got a lot of choices... choose one)? Why wait? You are still young and the sooner you stop, the easier it will be (not that it will be easy). You don't need it.

I don't think I'm better than anyone else (probably worse), but I won't appologize for trying to encourage someone to stop smoking.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 06:58 PM   #29
Sicy Stang
Sizzlin' Sicilian

That's why its called addiction my friend! I dont know how else to explain it. I've been smoking since I was 17, I'm 30 now. Its a daily part of my life and I know its shitty but I like to smoke. The first step in quitting is WANTING to quit. I have no desire to quit.

People put harmful substances in their body knowingly every DAY.. its just a different substance for me compared to someone else who decides they like to drink every single day and damage their liver.. or someone that drinks 5 cans of coke everyday (caffeine, bad) or someone that snorts speed every day, sh*t like that. I am not trying to defend smokers at all.. I know its a nasty nasty habit and it does kill.. years and years down the road. I'm just saying its not the worst thing in the world you can do, I KNOW ITS BAD and maybe soon I will seek professional help to quit, I just dont have the GO to do it right now.

I just had a physical recently.. I am in great health, my doctor told me and I also saw the blood work results, cholesteral, heart, all the levels ( I cant think of them all right now ) every thing is perfectly normal and I am in great health.
Old 05-13-2003, 10:55 PM   #30
84LX89GT
Mustangs

I never understood why people start smoking and this is why:
Your teeth get stained
You, your clothing and everything around you reek
it costs lots of $$$
It tastes and smells like garbage
and you get a slight buzz for 10 minutes (if you've NOT a smoker), otherwise it's just to maintain being "normal"
You have to take smoke "breaks" otherwise you stress out
when waking up you get "smoker's cough and voice" from your body trying to get rid of the poison you dump into it

I've smoked, and i smoke occasionally, but I just don't understand making it a habit....it doesn't make sense to me.
When you think about it, it's really a dumb concept, but people do dumber things and this is really not all that bad comparitively i guess.

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 11:47 PM   #31
RBatson
Registered Member

Started smoking when I was 20, I don't know why.. I never could stand the smell of it when I was younger and now I smoke 1-2 packs a day... Will quit some day, I guess.
RBatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 12:07 AM   #32
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Unhappy Still smokin'....

Well, some of ya'll might remember MONTHS BACK, actually I think it was Last year some time when I posted about my Doc. telling me hears signs of emphysyma in my lungs......
Well, I'm still smoking...and although I know I shouldn't, Just dont have the motivation to quit yet. My first priority is to drop 10 lbs....and I've just been waaaaaaaaaay to stressed out to think about quitting...Although, Sunday-Monday this week, I only smoked about a half a pack, and I usually smoke about a pack a day.... Dont know whats up w/ that. Even today, I think I've only had about 8 cigarettes...for some reason, they have just not been tasting as good as usual. My sinuses have been kicking my butt, and Ive had an ANNOYING cough for the last 5 months.
Started when I was 16, and I will be 38 in July.
Got a 'bet' going w/ a friend about us dieting...he's going off shore for 4-6 weeks, gonna see who can lose more weight....and If I can drop about 10 lbs...maybe I will think about it...but for now...its not gonna happen. Although, a pack has lasted me longer the last 3 days, then one has lasted in YEARS.........
I agree, its a nasty habit. BUT..it is a habit. And habits are hard to break, till they bite ya in the ***, or your forced to do it!!.
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 12:16 AM   #33
Sicy Stang
Sizzlin' Sicilian

Default Re: Still smokin'....

Quote:
Originally posted by Topless In Texas
Well, some of ya'll might remember MONTHS BACK, actually I think it was Last year some time when I posted about my Doc. telling me hears signs of emphysyma in my lungs......
Oh no. See.. this would be something that would motivate me to quit. I told my doctor if you cant show me my lungs or tell me that the smoking as effected me in this kind of way yet, I will not want to quit.

Cutting down is good TNT.. its something at least. 8 cigarettes is a lot less than a pack, which is about what I smoke.
Old 05-14-2003, 12:16 AM   #34
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

been smoking since i was 9 years old, i'm 44, going on 45, i'll quit someday. lol.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 12:31 AM   #35
Sicy Stang
Sizzlin' Sicilian

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Horse GT
been smoking since i was 9 years old
Old 05-14-2003, 01:47 AM   #36
FalconGTHO
Registered Member

Smoking. The sign of a WEAK mind.
Old 05-14-2003, 02:01 AM   #37
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Arrow :0

Quote:
Originally posted by FalconGTHO
Damn, you OBVIOUSLY dont smoke, because you are 'superior' to all of us, and have not 'vices' or 'habits'.....If I do decide to finally quit, I guess I will not come to you for support...
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 02:09 AM   #38
RBatson
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by FalconGTHO
LOL!! You should change your name to 'The Instigator'.
RBatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 02:21 AM   #39
FalconGTHO
Registered Member

No. I dont say or post stuff just to start zhit. I say what I think, mean what I say and say what I mean.
Old 05-14-2003, 02:24 AM   #40
FalconGTHO
Registered Member

If I could change my "title" I would. Some places allow it, others you have to request. Anywhere I can or have, Im "The Raging Bull".