MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-17-2000, 05:53 PM   #1
93lx
Registered Member

Post mod v8 shortage?

well thanks to all who responded to my last post one thing i still need help with is the price what should i expect to pay for a 99 or 2000 gt i was also told buy one of the dealers i visited that what ever a particular dealer has in stock is all they will be getting because he said ford didnt make enough of the v8 engines so he then said i would py a premium for one because of the shortage of gts made somthing like 20 percent of what they were supposed to make he also then said that the "season" for buying them is over, which means to me that dealers would have a hard time getting rid of them so i could have the upper hand i don't know what do you guys think.
93lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2000, 06:41 PM   #2
97snakedriver
Registered Member

Yeah, there is a shortage of mod V8s for the Mustangs. The demand for V8 Mustangs is much higher then Ford thought, plus a lot of the V8s end up going into trucks and SUVs. There's much more profit for trucks, so that's where the engines go.

Don't pay a premium to a dealer. That's just them wanting more money. Look around some more, and you'll find one for a resonable price.
http://www.edmunds.com/newcars/2000/...g/gtcoupe.html
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2000, 07:47 AM   #3
Ripper
Registered Member

Smile

Now is the buying season for consumers. Dealers probably put their orders in 4-6 months ago. Snakedriver is right about the engines going to trucks and SUVs. This really shows where Ford's priority lies. Don't quote me but depending on options, expect to pay $22-23K for a loaded coupe and probably another $4k for a convertible. I don't know if Ford raised the list prices for 2000s, probably a couple percent. I bought my 99GT this time last year in Florida and drove it home to Connecticut. Prices were no different but I found more cars available down there.
Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2000, 01:09 PM   #4
SMOKE
Old School ROUSH

Truth on the GT availability in Florida.
GTs are everywhere down here in So Fla. In any event, do yourself a favor if you are truly in the market for a new car. Order it!
Look through the catalogs and find exactly what you want ... research the price -online if you want- and figure the % cost for delivery and tell him you'll pay him $500 above that cost for the car.
If a salesman truly wants the sale he will work for you. That should be the goal.
Find what you want and have hime get and don't pay any "premium" - like
97snakedriver said ... "That's just them wanting more money. Look around some more, and you'll find one for a resonable price. "

Peace!
SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote