MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-19-2002, 06:16 PM   #1
tjb1984
Registered Member

Default Wanting to buy a stang.....

I am thinking about buying a 98 cobra convert, what price would be about average. It has 35K on it, and is fairly stock, I know the owner and he babied it. All he has done is exhaust. Is this a good year, what should i look for and so forth. Any help is appreciated.
tjb1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 11:42 AM   #2
surfbeast
Registered Member

Check the NADA values on the NADA web site. Last time I checked the 98 cobra was 18 - 20K high retail and 15 - 16 trade value, that was a few months ago so check the latest price on NADA. Make sure to check all aspects of the car, take it to a dealer or mechanic and let them run a diagnostic check on it. Make sure the leather interior is in good shape , it is expensive to replace. Don't pay full retail price but if the car is cherry paying at or a little above trade value is good. Trade value is what the car is really worth. Also, expect about 305Hp! I believe.