MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-27-2002, 09:51 PM   #1
Robbyz3
Registered Member

Default dual exhaust V6 stang 2002

Insurance for a V8 is way too much for an 18 year old such as myself...........i have a 2001 stang (V6) convertible that I am thinking about putting dual exhaust on. I know nothing about cars but I heard that dual exhaust will make a deeper sound when I accelerate (like the V8) I was wondering if I should even bother with this project or is it a waste of time and money? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!
Robbyz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 09:13 AM   #2
GodStang
College Stanger

DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!! I did mine and love it. You will not be sorry.
Old 07-29-2002, 12:27 PM   #3
99Pony3.8
Registered Member

I agree with GodStang on this one (almost always do). Had mine done with the California Mustang kit and love it. Much deeper growl. The Cal Stang kit comes with exhaust taken off a brand new GT. Other kits offer more flow through, but can hurt low end torque. If you are going to leave the engine mostly stock, the GT kit is good improvement without being too loud for an every day car. Going too far (to little back pressure) will kill low end torque, making the car slower off the line. Do your homework before deciding which kit to buy.
Old 07-30-2002, 09:28 AM   #4
Bake
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Very good mod to do. IT will give your car a nice growl, not as much as the GT but still very nice, but you have to be careful to buy a true dual catback kit and not one of the ones that bolts on after the Y-pipe. but a tru kit is good for a bunch of HP and sounds great. also you have to decide if you are going to buy a kit and a gt bumper cover that has the cutouts for the tips, or if you are going to buy a kit and some new lower exhaust hangers and run the pipes out from under you existing bumper. all in all, it is a fairly easy job that you can do yourself (assuming you can weld and have a welder or have a friend that can and has teh equipment or you can rent it.) anyways, best of luck with it.

-Bake
Bake is offline   Reply With Quote