MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-22-2002, 02:29 PM   #1
PKRWUD

Thumbs up Well, we tried.

This past Saturday was the last race of the season for us. Unfortunately, we weren't able to repeat as VRA Sr. Sprint Champions. We ended up 2nd in the points, in a field of 35 teams. Not bad considering we only won one race all season.

This year, we had the fastest car, and the worst luck. We led at some point during just about every race, but something always happened, and we would get put to the back of the pack with only a handful of laps left. We got pinched into the wall by lapped traffic, had a rookie slam into us during a caution and slice open our left rear tire, had the eventual season champ get airborne trying to pass us, and when he came down, landed on our car and broke off one of the brake lines, etc. We just had bad luck. But, we also had the fastest car, which meant that even though we got put to the back of the 20 car pack during at least 3/4 of the races, we still finished well. Our consistency is what got us a 2nd place overall finishing spot in the points.

We had a great crew, too, including Christine (TNT) in June, and Keith (Kamaro Killer) this past Saturday night. They both brought with them an enthusiasm that was contagious, and that helped us a great deal. The team says a big THANK YOU to them both!!!

The debate over whether or not they will turn Ventura Raceway into an outdoor amphitheater next year is still ongoing, so we don't know what next year holds. Whatever it is, be it racing here, or at other tracks, like Perris, Santa Maria, or Hanford, we will be a part of it.

I would also like to thank all of the members of this great website that wished me (us) good luck all season long. We didn't find much of it, but who knows where we would have finished without it, so to all of you, another big THANK YOU!!!

I still can't believe the season is over already. This year has gone by so much faster than any other, it almost scares me. It seems like it was just last week that we were assembling the engine, and putting the decals on our new paint job. Time flies when you're having fun.

Take care,
~Chris

Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 02:40 PM   #2
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Congratulations on the 2nd place! Considering all the bad luck, things could have been alot worse. Given all the factors, it sounds like ya'll came out pretty damn good to me. Maybe next year, you won't run into all the stumps you had this year. Have ya'll ever raced at the Hou.Raceway Dirt Track? If so, when is the next time you will? Let us know and I'll be there. Best of luck to you next season.
Caymon
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 02:56 PM   #3
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

Chris - yes, time does fly. I remember your post about getting geared up for the season - seems like only a couple months ago!

Congrats to you and the crew on 2nd - it's better than 3rd and below.

Hopefully you'll get some time now to relax a little from racing - I'm sure you could use it. (I mean this in a good way - not trying to be an *****.)

Take it easy,
E

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 03:59 PM   #4
Kamaro Killer
Mustang Enthusiast

Default It was a GREAT experience!

If you've never experienced sprint cars, you haven't seen s**t. These are some powerful cars! I always thought of them as fast dune buggies (sp?) but they are very cool to watch. If they are around in Ventura next year, I'd suggest taking a Saturday off and checking it out. You wont be disappointed. Skyler.... you should have come to check it out, I'd think it would definately keep you interest. Take care, Keith

Rice Hater's Club Member 22
Kamaro Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 04:43 PM   #5
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Congradualtions on second place. I really hope that the track will stay in business. maybe next year I might be able to make a race

later,
Nick
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 05:50 PM   #6
NotchJohnson
Registered Member

Second out of 35? Nothin unfortunate about that. Congrats man!
Old 10-23-2002, 12:25 AM   #7
PKRWUD

Thanks guys! I appreciate the kind words!

Caymon-
We only raced at tracks in Central and Southern California this season, but I do know that tracks in Arizona and Nevada have already invited us to race on their tracks next season, so who knows. If we end up in your neck of the woods, I'll certainly let you know!

Eric-
I completely understand what you're saying, and I agree 100%!!! I'm still gonna have a hard time not racing on Saturday nights for the next few months!

Nick-
It would be great to see you here! I know you'd have a blast! You won't regret it!

Thanks again!

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 01:17 AM   #8
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

so like do i get a decal, or what? just bustin your chop's, lol, dont send me no chevy decal - j/k, hey man outta of a field that large 2 nd aint too shabby, you could have been 30th, cya. el loco.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote