MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Poll: Do you enjoy dance clubs?
Poll Options
Do you enjoy dance clubs?

Old 11-12-2002, 02:09 AM   #1
The Deuce
Registered Member

Question Dance Clubs.....

Ok guys (and gals).

So I'm sitting here enjoying a beer and some potato chips, great dinner, and I started to think about beer, and well, clubs.

Now the way I see it, drinking is the reward for being beat down by adult life every freaking day. This is the only justifiable reason for the drinking age in America. Remember how easy life was at 17? 19? Yeah, I thought my life was hard, and things really sucked. Man was I wrong.

I'm also thinking that the only reason to go to a bar/club and pay $5.00 for a $.75 beer, is the fact that someone else gets it for you and picks up after your lazy arse. Its like going home to moms, with a bunch of your drunk friends.

So what is the point of a dance club? Do you enjoy going? I don't, so I'm looking for reasons to go, other than watching women dance together. Girls like to dance. I don't know a single guy who does. What gives?

Please, give me some input, and vote above.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 02:18 AM   #2
jj_jonathon
Trisket

well i dont like the ones in gainesville because its all 21+ guys getting freshmen ladies drunk...but I love to go dancing with my gf on stuff like teen nights where all they serve is soda and they dont let older people in...i just prefer it that way (esp. since im not 21 for more than 2 years)....but im a bit of a show off with the glowsticks n such (never with the drugs though), and i love seeing my gf in what some girls would call conservative (yet very hot) clubbing clothes...so i definetly voted yes... ....but a bad DJ can ruin an entire night...*cough, prom, cough*...lol....

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 02:20 AM   #3
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

I voted yes, just because I don't mind going, but I would rather hang out at a local bar and be able to talk without screaming.

Mind you, I'm a bartender so I've worked at almost every kind of bar there is.
Old 11-12-2002, 03:04 AM   #4
PKRWUD

I think I've been to one twice, maybe three times. Not for me. I like a bar with a few pool tables, not mirrors and noise and make-up and polyester and .......

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 04:04 AM   #5
digital3.3

i voted yes, but it all depends on my mood and the people that i'm with. if i'm with the guys i went to college with then its a bar with a live band and pool tables. if its with the girl i'm seeing than its the dance clubs cause its fun to do that with her. its all about the people your with.

-murray
Old 11-12-2002, 04:23 AM   #6
Mustanguy

Cool

Give me a dance floor and I'll be on it
Old 11-12-2002, 09:22 AM   #7
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Talking YES!

What can I say? I like shakin' my booty

RedLilPony.com
RedLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 12:10 PM   #8
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Unless I'm extreamly drunk, you will not find me on the dance floor. I went with my school to Quebec and we went to a bunch of there clubs. 1 of them was the 3rd best club in Canada. It was quite amazing place to be. I refused to dance at first but then I was quite hammered and was out there dancing away. But I'm sure I made an *** of myself, but everyone else was pretty drunk too so it's all good. To get me to dance when I'm sober is next to impossible. I'll dance to a slow song with a girl, but other then that it ain't going to happen. Yet I love dance, trance, and all music they play in clubs. If I go, I usually just plot myself beside a speaker and enjoy the music.

§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 06:17 PM   #9
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Well there is no such thing as a dance club for more than about 100 miles from where I live....PLUS I'm only 18...so I've never been to one. I don't really mind going to dances though. My friends and I just ditch all our girlfriends and go through the dance jacking around and doing stupid stuff. We make up our own "moves" and stuff and we'll get a huge circle around us and bust 'em out. We've even stolen the mic from the DJ and started doin a little karaoke...some of the chaparones (I know I completely f'd up the spelling of that...oh, well.) got a little irate about that one though....guess that's a no, no. Anyways, I usually have fun at dances, but I won't vote since I've never been to a dance club...
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 06:32 PM   #10
srv1
Get down.....

well i agree with Joe and Chris said. i hate going to clubs when it is so jam packed, you feel like your inside a pack of cigerettes. i like the bars that have live bands and pool tables. but i do like to hit the clubs now and then for the women. as for dancing, i like to dance, but not to club music unless i am buzzin pretty good.

one thing i learned over the years is women LOVE to dance! i get up on the floor and relize that i am usually one of the few guys out there! oh well, thier loss. i get to dance with a bunch of women in tight skimpy clothing!
Old 11-12-2002, 11:18 PM   #11
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

I've done the club thing and it's pretty fun. I usually went with a couple of my racing buddies so it was all good. I met a chick with a 89 GT with a VORTECH. Yeah baby. She took me for a ride and that car hauled ***. Unfortunately she wanted me to drive it. Poor girl.lol I drove the hell out of it..then got her #..we went out a couple of times..but nothing progressed..story of my life.
Eric4Nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 04:07 AM   #12
Red514LX
Registered Member

I guess it all depends on where you live and if you like dance music (top 40, house, trance, etc.). The real die-hard clubbers go primarily for the MUSIC. If you are a guy, and a true club kid, then the hot chicks at these places are just a bonus.
Old 11-13-2002, 05:13 AM   #13
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by Red514LX
I guess it all depends on where you live and if you like dance music (top 40, house, trance, etc.). The real die-hard clubbers go primarily for the MUSIC. If you are a guy, and a true club kid, then the hot chicks at these places are just a bonus.
LOL. Seems to me like the guys that go, that are into the music, are into guys. At least around here.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 07:59 AM   #14
95mustanggt
Registered Member

I love the English/Irish pub type place, with good food, good beer a pool table in the corner, a hot looking waitress and a good atmosphere.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 08:08 AM   #15
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

I voted NO...

Don't get me wrong, I like the loud music, drinks, and HOT looking women... but the kind of women that I find in the clubs are the kind that you don't want to take home to mama. They are just eye candy and that is it.
cyberstang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 10:02 AM   #16
kiku2sleep
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jj_jonathon
well i dont like the ones in gainesville because its all 21+ guys getting freshmen ladies drunk...but I love to go dancing with my gf on stuff like teen nights where all they serve is soda and they dont let older people in...i just prefer it that way (esp. since im not 21 for more than 2 years)....but im a bit of a show off with the glowsticks n such (never with the drugs though), and i love seeing my gf in what some girls would call conservative (yet very hot) clubbing clothes...so i definetly voted yes... ....but a bad DJ can ruin an entire night...*cough, prom, cough*...lol....
I voted yes although last time I went it sucked and I haven't been back in over a year (unless you count the strip club on my honeymoon). I agree about G-ville though. It went downhill after they passed the "rave law" and everything started closing at 2:00. It seems that there are just a bunch of posers now.
Old 11-14-2002, 03:21 AM   #17
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 95mustanggt
I love the English/Irish pub type place, with good food, good beer a pool table in the corner, a hot looking waitress and a good atmosphere.
Now that's my kind of bar. Somewhere you find Guiness, Boddingtons, and Murphys all on tap.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote