MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-18-2002, 08:27 AM   #1
SCOTTLT79
Registered Member

Angry Seat Came Loose????

Hey guys,

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I got in my car this morning to leave for work, leaned back on the seat and it was like something popped underneath it and now the drivers side of the seat is loose. The left side of the seat seems to rock front and back when I brake or accelerate.

I didn't have a chance to look under the seat because I had to get to work but any ideas what happened under there?

Thanks
Scott
Mostly stock(looking to modify)

Rice Haters Club Member #63
SCOTTLT79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 09:25 AM   #2
chris91LX
Registered Member

LOL, welcome to the wonderful world of beating on your Mustang. This is a common problem for those of us with lead feet. You probably ripped the bolt right out of the floor like I did about 3 years ago. If that's the case you'll have to have it welded back in.
125 shot - 12.04 @ 113 1.59 60'
chris91LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 09:27 AM   #3
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

I hate to be the one to tell ya, but it sounds like you're screwed. When that happene to me, the bolt in the front pulled through the support, and the back part of the seat mount broke. I ended up having to weld the back mount back together and use a large hose clamp to hold the front mount to the support. It is a temporary fix for now. When I get the seats that I want, I'm just going to weld them in. Best of luck on the fix.
Caymon
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 04:17 AM   #4
stangsrule
Registered Member

Yeah, what they said... I had the same thing happen to me too. Found out it actually ripped the weld nut up through the floor on the front left bolt and when I fixed that I found out that both of my seat rails were broken on 2 or 3 places, so welded them and then discovered my floor pan was torn under the rear seat mounting point. I ended up installing subframe connectors with the seat support (Kenny Brown Super subs) since my old BBK ones didn't have that, and a floor pan reinforcement plate and welding everything back up. SOOO guess I am saying check it all out while you are at it and take the necessary steps to fix/prevent these same problems. Good luck!
92GT Lowered with Ebiach's and Koni's, Kenny Brown subframe connectors, lower G-brace and jacking rails. BBK upper and lower control arms, polyurethane bushings all around and Ken Bell blower, ram-air, 80mm mass air, SMC Alky Injection kit, J&S Knock Gaurd, TwEECer RT and a bunch of other stuff!
stangsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 01:29 PM   #5
Chevyguy
Backyard Mechanic/Chemist

BTDT, I ripped out the front bolt from the floor brace, and then tore the floor near the rear mounts. I have ordered the Maximum Motorsports Full length subframe connectors with the floor brace http://www.maximummotorsports.com/in...s/MMFL-1-2.pdf

and my buddy will make my floors super strong after welding all those pieces in (he is a master welder with a prof mig setup )

I dont race my stang, but drive aggressively and am built like a Nose tackle, same result as a skinny guy running 11's on slicks every weekend with no cage ??

93 P-71 Vic interceptor Backup car now

90 5.0 LX Notch SOLD

74 Chevy Laguna type S-3 454 under construction
Currently apart undergoing bodywork.
Chevyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 03:19 PM   #6
SCOTTLT79
Registered Member

Yeah, that is pretty similar to me. I don't have much done to my car but 240lbs being thrown back with a heavy foot to match just isn't healthy for that seat.

I'm swinging by the garage the day after xmas so I can get a look at it. Hopefully it won't be too bad.
Mostly stock(looking to modify)

Rice Haters Club Member #63
SCOTTLT79 is offline   Reply With Quote