MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-13-2003, 10:40 PM   #1
Torinalth
Registered Member

Default bulletproof my block

Hey guys,

After a lot of research and now getting the job i needed to complete this task I'm going to turbocharge my mustang... I'm going with the Turbolocity 2v kit that should land me around 400 HP with 6 PSI and a T67 turbo......

thing is i want to push more boost than just 6 lbs.... but if it do i risk breaking a rod or piston.... whats the best and most cost effective way to harden my engine for power... preferably up to 600 (my goal).

will putting in manley pistons and eagle rods with a forged crank get me to 600? or do i have to get a complete shortblock? what about rings?

also, I know that the trani, clutch, flywheel, driveshaft, axles and differential will need to be replaced at certain power... but i dont know at what point that would be.... any help would be most appreciated....

Torinalth