MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-15-2003, 10:34 AM   #1
Mustang_Eddy
Registered Member

Talking Help a new guy...

Hi everyone, I just recently purchased a 03GT and so far I've only installed a Clifford Matrix III alarm. I really want to modify my car, but I don't know where to begin. Im thinking Lowering Springs, Shorties, Exhaust, but I don't what order or is there other things I have to upgrade 1st.

thx

2003 Stang GT
Mach 1 Chin Spolier
Steeda Tri-AX Short Throw
MGW GT Shift Knob
MAC Cold Air Induction System
MGW Polished E Brake, A/C Knobs
UPR GT Fuel Door
Stainless Steel Inserts
March Pullies
Magnaflow X-Pipe w/ Highflow Cats
Flowmasters American Thunder
Magnaflow 3.5" Tips
DaSilva Subframe Connectors
Mustang_Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 11:13 AM   #2
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

Try doing a search and reading some past threads as this is the most common question asked about new cars. Lowering springs and exhaust are a good start, although shorties give you almost no gain on mod motors. Same with cold air kits - they are just for looks. Throttle body doesn't help much until you have opened up the rest of the intake and exhaust. Many folks say that gears are the first mod you should make on mod cars (4.10s or 3.73s at the least). As far as bang for the buck horsepower, h- or x-pipe, underdrive pullies, timing adjuster, and mass air meter all give decent gains for the cash. Short-throw shifters such as the Steeda Tri-Ax or Pro5.0 are a great mod also.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 12:13 PM   #3
Torinalth
Registered Member

personally I'd look to see what your final goal is with the GT...

if you just want a more peppy GT then go with long tube headers, a short X pipe, and strait through mufflers... go into a nice ignition system, under drive pullys and a nice shifter to round it out....

if you want to be able to start taking on vettes then look into a blower... either super charge or turbo charge... get around 350 going to the wheels.... get some new rubber, and a better shifter and enjoy....

want a weekend road machine that will bring a smile to your face? hit up maximum motorsports for a nice suspension to grip the twisties... and drop on a light blower just to give a lil punch...

let us know where you want the car to be... and we can tell you how to get there...

Torinalth