MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-24-2003, 02:06 AM   #1
SmokinStangGT
Registered Member

Default What intake should i get?

hey there i know that now that my car is modifided nicely on the inside and full exuast i need a way to feed the motor now.... i had the stock upper and lower on there but i yanked taht off to adjust the rocker arms but now i just want to replace the intake.... i was thinking about going with the Edelbrock performer 5.0 or RPM and also thinking about the holley intake.... now this is fuel injected so keep that in mind, but what intake is better for keeping the low end tourqe but putting some good HP at the mid and upper rpms?? I heard both intakes are nice and i do not want to supercharge this motor but i know i will need to buy the 73mm mass air tube and what size injectors should i put on because i have the 19 lbs on now?? THANKS!!
89' GT with 5spd Hurst short throw, Keith Black 12:1 comp. pistons, Sealed Power drag racing rings, Fms F303 Cam, Ported and polished upper and lower intake with Ported E7TE heads that contain comp. cam double coiled springs with titainum locks and steel retainers, Fel-Pro Head Gaskets, 9mm ford racing wires, BBK chrome unequal shortys, Power Throttle bodies 70mm, Edlebrock 70mm EGR plate, 15inch K&N, Bassani X-pipe, Flowmaster 40 series, Eibach 1 1/2 lowering springs, Cobra R rims 17X9 with p235 on front and p275 on rear with Falken Zeix tires-RUNNING!
SmokinStangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 09:33 AM   #2
glenn95gt
Registered Member

Do you have gears on there right now? I would do that first if possible. If you do, then I recommend the TFS Street, GT40, Cobra, or the Performer. The RPM, and Holley will be a bit too much for your heads. Also the 19lb inectors will be fine for now. But since you have your intake off, why not be nice to the car and throw on some better flowing heads on there??? Hop on the corral, and you might be able to find some used twisted wedge heads for $600. Hope this helped.
My Car
glenn95gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 09:29 PM   #3
tmoss
Registered Member

If your looking to change the intake for a visible upgrade, the stock Cobra - especially the lower is the best match to the stock E7 head intake runner unless you find a super deal. The Explorer intake will perform just as well but can be found for less. Be sure to get a 95-early 97 Explorer intake as they have the internal EGR passages.

If you don't neccessarily want to change the intake from stock, I can port the stock lower and you will gain 15+ HP. I have dynos and track results of my lower if your interested - click on the "pm" at the bottom of my answer and send an e-mail address so I can send the info. Total cost including shipping is right at $130. A picture of my work next to a stocker is in the thread "upgrade intake which one?". This site won't allow you to post the same pic more than once, even after the old thread is not available any more!
88Gt 5spd Vert, FLowmaster Catbacks, stock cam advanced 4° @ 108.5° ICL, NMRA prepped GT40P heads 1.85/1.55 valves and 1.7 rockers, MAC P headers Jet-Hot coated, 97 Exlporer intake (ported lower), TB and injectors. 277RWHP/330RWTQ (SAE).

http://www.fastlanecars.com/
tmoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 10:44 PM   #4
bri32zz
Registered Member

I would go with the gt-4o or the edelbrock performer with your mods. If you plan on adding you can just port
My CAR IS GONE R.I.P----I miss YOU 331ci, 69 Windsor heads ported and shaved , Trick Flow-Intake ported,JE blower pistons, Custom cam 542 lift, 1.73 rrs, Equal length headers, BBK Hi-Flow cats, Hurst shifter, 3:73 gears, Tremec 3550 tranny,Lakewood drag suspension-90/10 in front and 50/50 in the back. Lakewood traction bars. Edelbrock 70mm tb, K&N filter, Kirban fuel reguator, Custom sub-Frame connectors,83 lb squirters, powerdyne blower with 12psi pulley,
http://www.pumpoperators.com/brian/
Rice Haters Club Member #82
My wife is AWSOME!!!!!!!!
bri32zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 03:49 PM   #5
SmokinStangGT
Registered Member

the Edelbrock is the one that i was looking at and i think i will go with that one... thanks!
89' GT with 5spd Hurst short throw, Keith Black 12:1 comp. pistons, Sealed Power drag racing rings, Fms F303 Cam, Ported and polished upper and lower intake with Ported E7TE heads that contain comp. cam double coiled springs with titainum locks and steel retainers, Fel-Pro Head Gaskets, 9mm ford racing wires, BBK chrome unequal shortys, Power Throttle bodies 70mm, Edlebrock 70mm EGR plate, 15inch K&N, Bassani X-pipe, Flowmaster 40 series, Eibach 1 1/2 lowering springs, Cobra R rims 17X9 with p235 on front and p275 on rear with Falken Zeix tires-RUNNING!
SmokinStangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 04:16 PM   #6
Simi Stang

Default Edelbrock

Quote:
Originally posted by SmokinStangGT
the Edelbrock is the one that i was looking at and i think i will go with that one... thanks!
Good choice! I have the Edel. Performer with the mods in my sig and love the power & the performance of the combo.