MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-05-2004, 10:31 PM   #1
Mop
Registered Member

Default Speed vs. Mpg

Anyone got any secrets about how to make it run like a scalled *** ape but still get pretty good gas milage, like 25+?
Mop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 07:43 AM   #2
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

What you are asking I think is the real paradox of performance cars. I could say that if you are interested in performance then you should not care about mpg. But, let's face it, mpg is always an issue with all of us to one extent or another.

You know the one nice thing about nitrous is that you only use it when you need it. Think about it. A 100 HP boost in the pants! And your fuel economy only drops for those few short moments. The rest of the time you have a run of the mill GT. I suppose you could say the same thing for a blower right? At lower RPMS's? Just driver conservatively and you get could mpg, but hit the rpms and you got major power.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 05:44 PM   #3
ac97gt
Registered Member

buy an import

no not really, please dont

Flowmasters
Bassani X w/cats
Steeda Triax
K&N and Air Intake Silencer Removed
More to come with money!

My Ride
ac97gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 01:36 AM   #4
04S/CStallion
Registered Member

I agree don't get an import, thats just a bad idea!! But if you have an 11 second car who cares about the mpg. I would say the best way to get the most gas mileage is possibly get a six speed tranny for highway times, that was the really amazing thing about my camaro. It ran an 11.9 in the 1/4 and still got 31 mpg in sixth @ 75. But gettin 4:10 gears with a 5 speed and a blower probably isn't gonna do the best on gas. Just try to do what you can to keep the revs down on the highway whether it be another gear or raise the ratio of the gears instead of shortening them, but then your gonna lost rwhp. Its pretty much a wash.
04S/CStallion is offline   Reply With Quote