MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Poll: Who would you vote for right now?
Poll Options
Who would you vote for right now?

Old 05-16-2004, 11:35 PM   #1
Ieatcamaros
Domestic Rice really sucks!

Default I'm just curious

How many of you totally hate Bush for the dispute in Iraq? I think he has done a helluva job as president. He has had a lot on his plate since he took over. Not long after he took over, the 9/11 incident happened. Then the rumors, or not, about the wmd in Iraq. I totally agree with Bush that we needed to unarm them and get Hussein out of his presidency. I feel for the soldiers and their families that this had to happen. But, if Iraq had wmd, imagine what would happen if we did nothing about it. Anyway, I have heard a lot of people's opinions saying that it would take something big for Bush to win over Kerry. I think it is BS and no way I would vote for him. So, who would you vote for right now?
Old 05-17-2004, 12:17 AM   #2
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

I would vote for Bush, even though I voted for Gore the first time.(Glad Bush won, I don't think Gore would have been strong enough for what happened)
Bush sure has had a really hard term. Of course he's gonna make mistakes, but he'll learn from them, and a new president might not be able to take over right in the middle of what's going on.
Besides, I do not like Kerry, just something about him, I can't explain.
So my vote will go to Bush. Judging from the polls I've seen like this all over the net, though... I'm afraid he might not win this time.
I am a registered Democrat, btw. But usually I vote judging on the candidates character, and not political affiliation.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:37 AM   #3
Capri306

Well, the topic title itself kinda raised an eyebrow....

The only question you have to ask yourself is: could you imagine Kerry being president? For God's sake, he looks like Lurch!!!

1979 Mercury Capri
1987 5.0L Mustang LX Notchback
1993 5.8L Eddie Bauer Bronco
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 11:35 AM   #4
CHRIS75
Registered Member

HAHAHA That's a funny pic, he does look like lurch, anyways like i said before KERRY is a big p*ssy, sure bush made mistakes but who hasn't, he's only human just because your the president doesn't mean you can't mistake TOO!!!! Bush had to deal with IRAQ and the north koerans at about the same time and he did

BUSH ALL THE WAY!!

KERRY IS A RICER!

NOW IF YOU ELECT ME FOR PRESIDENT ALL THE MUSTANG PARTS YOU WANT FOR FREE, THE TAB WILL BE PAID FOR BY THE RICER!
LOL

83 GT, 351W T5, Holley 750 carb, Weiand sleath intake (parts car)

Mods to come: 351W, Suspension, Manual trans, Paintjob
CHRIS75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 04:04 PM   #5
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Smile Bush will win

Not only do I fully support President Bush (and voted for him in 2000) but I'll be glad go out on a limb here and boldly predict that George W. Bush will win - decisively - in the November 2nd presidential election.

There are many reasons contributing to my optimism. I believe a majority of the American people fully comprehend the very real threat to them posed by the Islamic Jihadists (terrorists) and will reward President Bush's actions to defeat the jihadists and his clear moral purpose in fighting terrorism. While mistakes were inevitably made since 9/11/01 and the official war against Islamic terrorists began, President Bush has been a true leader in the fight against those who wish to do to all Americans as they did to Nick Berg. Kill us...bloodily and painfully if possible...while shouting about how great their god is and grinning while they murder the innocent. While the leftmedia focuses - endlessly, it would seem - on the abuses committed by American military personnel at Abu Ghraib prison last winter the alert public notes that there is no moral equivalence between American misdeeds in Iraq and the jihadists we're fighting who murder then brag and gloat afterwards while our president and Secretary of Defense apologize to the Iraqis for the misdeeds of a few soldiers.

The 24/7/365 assault on Bush from the leftmedia will backfire. Most reasonable Americans, especially independent voters (not affiliated with either major party) do not think the president is a dunce or evil or some madman on a quest to conquer the world, as some of the whackier leftists have tried to claim. Their endless and shrill attacks on a man most Americans see as affable and in charge of things are turning off many people who now see most of the 'mainstream' media as simply partisan hacks pimping for Kerry and the Democrats and calling it: 'news'. It's liberal propaganda, nothing more. As I've noted before, many very good things are happening in Iraq and they are not isolated incidents but positive systemic changes welcomed and appreciated by the Iraqi people. We are defeating the terrorists in Iraq, imported and local, week by week. We are patient and drawing them out from their protected neighborhoods and mosques. Then we're killing or capturing them (mostly killing them). You would never know this from the national media who only focus on another soldier killed or some other negative news from Iraq. The good is dismissed and many Americans probably believe that we're losing the fight in Iraq. Nothing could be further from the truth, as any soldier serving there will attest. We just don't get the truth or all the facts from the leftmedia, determined to undermine support for the war in an effort they hope will undermine support for the president and propel John Kerry "I actually voted for the bill (to fund the war in Iraq) before I voted against it" into the White House - which would be a disaster for America security and the war on terror.

Fortunately, despite current polls (that mean little five months away from the actual election) I believe a majority of Americans see through the leftmedia propaganda and will vote for President Bush on November 2nd. They know that we need a strong leader now, not a flip-flopper who changes his mind every other day and thinks the war on terrorism can be handed off to the United Nations, a body of mostly anti-American countries that refused to enforce it's own Security Council Resolutions against Saddam Hussein's Iraq for a dozen years following the end of the Gulf war and that ran out of Iraq faster then a new Cobra when their Baghdad headquarters was blown up, many months ago and they haven't been seen, since. Few noticed.

Bush will win. You read it here, first.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:59 PM   #6
Ieatcamaros

Amen to what Mr 5.0 said. I feel better since as of right now, the most of you feel the same as me. I will be one unhappy american is Kerry (aka Lurch) gets elected. That is a funny pic.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:48 PM   #7
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

I will be voting for Bush although i was never a huge fan of his (would rather have seen McCain win in 2000) He has done a decent job giving his circumstances and theres no way that I want Kerry in there.
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 08:32 AM   #8
420nitro
Registered Member

Mr.5.0
I do not think "you are going out on a limb". I am very confident he will win the election. Kerry flops too many times on too many things. It seems like no-one can get what he truly stands for. I have more respect for some-one to get in my face and say I am wrong and the biggest ass-hole they have ever met, then to have someone say he agrees with me on 1 thing then something different tomarrow! I also believe if Lieberman was in place of Kerry,... Bush would have a tougher battle at the polls, but what do I know.
I of course do not agree with everything that Bush does or say, but still back him and don't know all the info like he does at that moment in time. Let's face it,...the gov. keeps secrets for various things and just because something doesn't seem right to us at the moment doesn't mean he was wrong at all or right.
To clear any confusion though, I am for the war and stand behind the Bush.
My.02's
420nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 04:54 PM   #9
Ieatcamaros

I got this in an email and rather than forward it to a million people, I thought I would just copy and paste it here.

Subject: Worst President in History????

I'm not particularly political, but I am humorous(factual) ... now this
bit of information is meant to be a political statement (and so it is) but
it's also quite humorous ... and you can't deny facts... so take it as humor
or take it as politics it's your choice. And may the best man win.....(The right one, again!)
Take time out this weekend and give a little attention to our
upcoming elections in November and look over your choice....
remember, there will be nothing you can do after this for the
next four years...so read and heed...
Now a word of caution because I'm not positive these numbers are precise
but if I read it correctly, there were 39 combat related killings in Iraq during
the month of January..... in the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in
the month of January. That's one American city folks, about as deadly as
the entire war torn country of Iraq. ----Unknown Author

Subject: Worst president in history?
The following appeared in the Durham, NC local paper as a letter
to the editor. Please forward to all on your list as this will put
things in perspective:
Liberals claim President Bush shouldn't have started this
war. They complain about his prosecution of it. One liberal
recently claimed Bush was the worst president in U.S. history.
Let's clear up one point: We didn't start the war on terror. Try to
remember, it was started by terrorists BEFORE 9/11. Let's look
at the "worst" president and mismanagement claims.
FDR led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us:
Japan did. From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average
of 112,500 per year.
Truman finished that war and started one in Korea, North Korea
never attacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average
of 18,333 per year.
John F. Kennedy started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam
never attacked us.
Lyndon Johnson turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975,
58,000 lives were lost, an average of 5,800 per year.
President Nixon ended it.
Clinton went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent,
Bosnia never attacked us. He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a
platter three times by Sudan and did nothing.
Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.
In the two years since terrorists attacked us, President Bush
has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida,
He put nuclear inspectors in Lybia, Iran and North Korea without firing a
shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own
people. We lost 600 soldiers, an average of 300 a year.
Bush did all this abroad while not allowing another terrorist
attack at home.
Worst president in history? Come on!
The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is
taking, but... It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take
the Branch Davidian compound. That was a 51 day operation.
We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for
less time than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm
billing records.
It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines
to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Teddy Kennedy to
call the police after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick.
It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the
votes in Florida!!!!
Our military is GREAT! PASS IT ON.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:11 PM   #10
Capri306

Default This is off topic, but...

Yeah, I remember those murders in Detroit back in January (and other months). I know someone's mother who works at one of the Metro Detroit hospitals, and that's when I learned the truth about the murder rate in Detroit. Most of the people who get shot or stabbed die in the hospital, and something (according to my friend) about them dying in the hospital makes it so their death doesn't get counted as a murder. In fact it got so bad in Detroit that they ran out of room in the morgue and had to start piling bodies up for a while. They say Chicago was the murder capital of the United States last year, but I beg to differ.

There was one case back in March (?) when some guy killed his wife/GF and three children and set the house on fire, then the same day there were other ppl shot in robberies on the same road (6-Mile). The final count was 12 dead in 9 hours, I believe. This was all down the street from the university I was attending, too. God, I am glad I'll be going to GVSU in the fall!

1979 Mercury Capri
1987 5.0L Mustang LX Notchback
1993 5.8L Eddie Bauer Bronco
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 06:15 PM   #11
Ieatcamaros

I had heard that Detroit was pretty rough but geez, I didn't know it was that bad. I live in a smaller town now with a population of about 35,000-50,000. So of course that would sound like a lot to me. I used to live in Atlanta, GA and it wasn't like I have heard about Detroit, Chicago, LA, and NY.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:39 PM   #12
CHRIS75
Registered Member

Well after reading that it makes me want to find CLINTON a give him a smack in the head (3 TIMES OMG). I really think that the people who dislike BUSH because of what he's doing need to give there head a shake. I wonder what those people would say if the armies did find WMD in IRAQ, since that was the focus for alot of people, and nothing about IRAQ'S people, you really never heard that much at least i didn't.

WAY TO GO BUSH!!!

83 GT, 351W T5, Holley 750 carb, Weiand sleath intake (parts car)

Mods to come: 351W, Suspension, Manual trans, Paintjob
CHRIS75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 10:25 PM   #13
srv1
Get down.....

I don't know Capri, you tell me:

James
Old 05-21-2004, 12:15 AM   #14
Dr. Weir
Registered Member

Default All right!

I want an apology, to a character whom I have a great deal of respect and admiration for. To actually make this comparison is insulting and crude. Lurch deserves better than this! Kerry wishes he was as cool as Lurch!