MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-15-2001, 12:34 PM   #1
ancil
Registered Member

Post classic manuals and looking for a aluminum water pump

Found a good site for car manuals on CD ROM from Mustang Club of British Columbia. at http://mustang1964.homestead.com anyone know where to get aluminum water pump for my 70 Mach I (351W?
ancil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2001, 03:01 PM   #2
Fostang
Registered Member

Flow Kooler, Milodon, weiand, edelbrock, and the factory makes em. They run from $60-$100. I picked up one at a swap meet for 6 bucks brand new such a deal! Auto stores sells them also. Plus you get a lifetime warranty on it. 289-302-351w are the same pump. All the way from 70-85.

------------------
67'fastback-Edelbrock carb,intake,cam,valve springs.Rhode lifters, CompCam rocker arms, windage tray,cerama coated headers,dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4,tci stall converter,perma cool electric fan,aluminum water pump,griffen aluminum radiator,accel 8.8 cable,wide cap distriburator,magnetic pick up,v-matic hurst shifter,edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump,ignitor coil,solid motor mounts,magna racing suspension,poly urathane bushings,under rider traction bars, comp. eng. s
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2001, 03:48 PM   #3
Rev
Registered Member

I had a FlowKooler and it only lasted abput 25,000 miles. It did lower coolant temp some though. It cost at the time (several years ago) $65-70 from Summit. I replaced it with an Edelbrock which seems to work even better and should last a lot longer. It cost $155 from Summit. I think the Edelbrock is just much higher quality with with ball bearings instead of bushings, etc., etc. I bet the Weiand and Moroso are good too. I think often it's true that "you get what you pay for".

Rev
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2001, 07:10 AM   #4
69fastback
IRAQ VET

that is so true REV when it comes to car parts u really get what u pay for. I too would go with the edelbrock. I have one and it really helped out over the stock. It costs more money but it is worth it.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote